Menu

First Lady’s RHI Distributes Food, Cash Support to Vulnerable Groups in Bauchi

By Editor 14 hours ago 2
Spread the love

The First Lady of Nigeria, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, has distributed food items worth millions of naira and announced cash support for vulnerable groups in Bauchi State under the Social Investment Programme of the Renewed Hope Initiative (RHI).

The food items were formally handed over to the First Lady of Bauchi State and North-East Zonal Coordinator of RHI, Hajiya Aisha Bala Mohammed, at the Rilwanu Suleiman Adamu Square, Government House, Bauchi, on Saturday, for onward distribution to beneficiaries across the state.

Senator Tinubu, who serves as the National Chairman of RHI, said the food outreach programme was launched in March 2024 to support persons with disabilities and other vulnerable Nigerians, strengthen families and improve their overall wellbeing.
She was represented at the event by the wife of the Vice President and National Vice-Chairman of RHI, Hajiya Nana Shettima.

According to the First Lady, the intervention complements President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda by ensuring that Nigerians, irrespective of their social or economic status, have access to support.
She also highlighted the National Community Food Bank Programme, another RHI initiative aimed at tackling food insecurity and malnutrition while promoting healthy growth and development, particularly among children.

Senator Tinubu disclosed that the food intervention is being sustained through the support of two donors who have committed to providing two truckloads of food items to RHI every month.

She identified the Abdul Samad Rabiu Africa Initiative as one of the donors, while noting that the second donor had chosen to remain anonymous.

The consignment presented in Bauchi was donated by the anonymous benefactor.

The First Lady said food items had so far been distributed to 28 states and the Federal Capital Territory, making Bauchi the 29th beneficiary of the programme. Katsina and Akwa Ibom states, she added, are next in line to receive the intervention.

Cash Support for Vulnerable Groups
In her remarks, Hajiya Aisha Bala Mohammed described the intervention as timely and significant, particularly in view of the economic challenges facing vulnerable households.

She announced that cash support would also be provided to various categories of beneficiaries across the state.

Under the arrangement, each of Bauchi State’s 20 local government areas will receive N50,000. Other beneficiaries will include schoolchildren, N100,000; Christian children, N150,000; orphanage homes, N80,000; persons with special needs, N120,000; Almajirai, N150,000; and children in remand homes, N50,000.

Aisha Bala Mohammed said the wide-ranging intervention reflects the commitment of the Renewed Hope Initiative to ensuring that vulnerable Nigerians are not left behind.

She said women across Bauchi State were particularly appreciative of the support, noting that it would help reduce economic pressure on households and provide relief to families struggling with rising living costs.

Governor Commends Intervention
Bauchi State Governor, Bala Abdulkadir Mohammed, represented by his Deputy, Muhammad Auwal Jatau, commended Senator Oluremi Tinubu for the humanitarian intervention.

He described the initiative as a meaningful gesture that would provide relief to less privileged residents and help restore hope among vulnerable communities in the state.

Some beneficiaries, including Adama Gambo, Hadiza Aliyu and Ibrahim Muhammad, also expressed appreciation for the intervention.

They said the food and financial support would help cushion the impact of the prevailing economic hardship and provide much-needed assistance to vulnerable families in Bauchi State.

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *